EPFO removed Aadhaar as valid proof for Date of Birth. EPFO made announcement through the circular(No: WSU/2024/1/UIDAI Matter/4090) on Tuesday. The decision has been approved by the Central Provident Fund Commissioner (CPFC). According to UDAI directive circular Aadhaar is considered as proof of DOB for several beneficiaries but Aadhaar is proof of identity not Proof of Birth.
EPFO removed Aadhaar from their list of documents required for correcting Date of Birth. EPFO directed all the zonal and regional offices to ensure widespread implementation of these guidelines.
List of Documents valid as Proof of Date of Birth for EPFO
Here are the list of documents valid as proof of Date of Birth for EPFO.
- Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths
- Marksheet issued by any recognised Government Board or University
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC)/ SSC certificate containing Name and Date of Birth
- Certificate based on the service records
- PAN card
- Central/ State Pension Payment Order
- Domicile Certificate issued by the Government
- Medical certificate issued by Civil Surgeon after examining the member medically and supported with an affidavit on oath by the member duly authenticated by a competent court.